- The NHCC Art Museum will be closed until further notice due to maintenance issues.
- The Museum of Indian Arts & Culture will be closed until May. Read about the museum's reopening plans.
- The New Mexico Museum of Space History remains closed until early May.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The state museums, historic sites, and cultural institutions of the Department of Cultural Affairs present New Mexico Traditions, offering events, resources, and other programming in celebration of the winter season across the Land of Enchantment.
All state museums and historic sites are in the process of reopening. Please click the image above for more information.
The Department of Health is leading the State of New Mexico’s COVID-19 vaccination planning and implementation in close collaboration with other state agencies, as well as public, private and tribal partners throughout the state. Your health and safety is important to us. Click on the image above to learn more about registering for the COVID-19 vaccine.
View online exhibitions and digital resources provided by the Department of Cultural Affairs' various museums, libraries, historic sites, and cultural institutions.
Virtually visit your favorite New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs museum, historic site, and cultural institutions from your computer or mobile device.
El Palacio is a quarterly magazine which primarily serves the museums and historic sites of the Museum of New Mexico system. It is the oldest museum magazine of its kind, first published in 1913 by the Museum of New Mexico. Users can access and view magazine issues online dating back to 1913 when the magazine was first published.
The New Mexico State Library offers many online resources. We provide reference service by telephone and email as well as our state-wide interlibrary loan services. Books by Mail and the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled are also available for service. Please contact library staff at email@example.com or 505-476-9700.
Latest Press Releases
- 4/9/2021 State Library Bookmobiles Set to Return with Limited Service, Wi-Fi Access
- 4/8/2021 National Hispanic Cultural Center to Host Virtual Childrens Bilingual Book Festival
- 4/8/2021 MIAC Announces New Opening Date for Clearly Indigenous: Native Visions Reimagined in Glass
- 4/7/2021 MOA Presents Southwest Rising: Contemporary Art and the Legacy of Elaine Horwitch
- 4/6/2021 Click Here: Watch a Pottery Demonstration, Learn About New Mexicos Early Literary Tradition, Take a Hike in the Organ Mountains, and More
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs is building a more vibrant, resilient New Mexico by improving the quality of life, supporting a culturally rich education, strengthening the creative economy, fostering a diversity of expression, and preserving our cultural resources.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The Spanish colonial home (la casa) gives visitors an idea of what a home from the time around 1815 would have looked
While Jemez Historic Site is closed, you can visit the Site virtually, from the comfort of your own home. Take the
Vivid in Japanese art and imagination are creatures that are at once ghastly and comical. Yōkai is a catchall word