The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 5/31/2019 Board of Directors for the NMFRHM
- 6/6/2019 Arts Commission - Regular Meeting
- 6/7/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 6/11/2019 New Mexico Music Commission
- 6/13/2019 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
Latest Press Releases
- 5/16/2019 Interim Director Named for New Mexico History Museum & Palace of the Governors
- 5/16/2019 New Mexico Museums & Historic Sites offer Free Admission to Active Duty Military & Their Families From Armed Forces Day through Labor Day
- 5/15/2019 Newly Discovered Fossil Footprints from Grand Canyon National Park Force Paleontologists to Rethink Early Inhabitants of Ancient Deserts
- 5/15/2019 MIAC Celebrates Exhibitions and Awards
- 5/9/2019 Carved & Cast: 20th Century New Mexican Sculpture, On View Now Through July 28, 2019
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The Spanish colonial home (la casa) gives visitors an idea of what a home from the time around 1815 would have looked
Will Rogers noted that Fred Harvey “kept the West in food—and wives.” But the company’s Harvey
The Museum’s first permanent exhibit takes visitors on an odyssey through 150 generations over 4,000 years of