The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
New Mexico Arts Commission
Old Senate Chamber, #238, 407 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe
Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
NHCC Salon Ortega, 1701 4th Street, SW, Albuquerque
Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
Board of Trustees of the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
2nd Floor Conference Room, 1801 Mountain Rd., NW, Albuquerque
See all Upcoming Board Meetngs
Latest Press Releases
- 2/25/2020 A Place in Clay Set to Open at MIAC
- 2/25/2020 High School Students to Compete in Poetry Out Loud State Championship
- 2/20/2020 Nominations Sought for Governors Awards for Excellence in the Arts
- 2/20/2020 Palace Seen and Unseen Opening Postponed
- 2/20/2020 Cowboy Days returns to Farm & Ranch Museum for 21st year
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The Buchsbaum Gallery features each of the Pueblos of New Mexico and Arizona in a selection of pieces that represent
On display in the Bataan Building Atrium Gallery: Touching Beauty Now, sculpture by Santa Clara Pueblo’s Michael
One regional community that captured the attention and imaginations of artists were the Penitent Brotherhood, Picturing