The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 7/18/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 7/19/2019 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 7/19/2019 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
- 7/26/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 8/9/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
Latest Press Releases
- 6/18/2019 MOIFA Celebrates Art as Activism at the Santa Fe Railyard
- 6/14/2019 Lost Talent Gallery on Display at New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
- 6/13/2019 Shelden Nuñez-Velarde Joins MIACs Pottery Series in July
- 6/10/2019 New Award & Exhibit on Display now at Jemez Historic Site
- 6/10/2019 Farm & Ranch Museum to host first Fiber Fiesta
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The Spanish colonial home (la casa) gives visitors an idea of what a home from the time around 1815 would have looked
Community through Making brings together local and Peruvian artists to explore how art shapes healthy and vibrant
The Museum’s first permanent exhibit takes visitors on an odyssey through 150 generations over 4,000 years of
The Colorado River is a critical source of life in the arid canyons of northern Arizona and southern Utah. Generations